This file lists all major changes in Werkzeug over the versions.
For API breaking changes have a look at API Changes, they
are listed there in detail.
(bugfix release, released on June 7th 2014)
- Added a safe conversion for IRI to URI conversion and use that
internally to work around issues with spec violations for
protocols such as itms-service.
(bugfix release, released on June 7th 2014)
- Forward charset argument from request objects to the environ
- Fixed error handling for missing boundaries in multipart data.
- Fixed session creation on systems without os.urandom().
- Fixed pluses in dictionary keys not being properly URL encoded.
- Fixed a problem with deepcopy not working for multi dicts.
- Fixed a double quoting issue on redirects.
- Fixed a problem with unicode keys appearing in headers on 2.x.
- Fixed a bug with unicode strings in the test builder.
- Fixed a unicode bug on Python 3 in the WSGI profiler.
- Fixed an issue with the safe string compare function on
Python 2.7.7 and Python 3.4.
(bugfix release, released on August 26th 2013)
- Fixed an issue with Python 3.3 and an edge case in cookie parsing.
- Fixed decoding errors not handled properly through the WSGI
- Fixed URI to IRI conversion incorrectly decoding percent signs.
(bugfix release, released on July 25th 2013)
Restored beahvior of the data descriptor of the request class to pre 0.9
behavior. This now also means that .data and .get_data() have
different behavior. New code should use .get_data() always.
In addition to that there is now a flag for the .get_data() method that
controls what should happen with form data parsing and the form parser will
honor cached data. This makes dealing with custom form data more consistent.
(bugfix release, released on July 18th 2013)
- Added unsafe parameter to url_quote().
- Fixed an issue with url_quote_plus() not quoting
- Ported remaining parts of RedisCache to
- Ported remaining parts of MemcachedCache to
- Fixed a deprecation warning in the contrib atom module.
- Fixed a regression with setting of content types through the
headers dictionary instead with the content type parameter.
- Use correct name for stdlib secure string comparision function.
- Fixed a wrong reference in the docstring of
- Fixed an AttributeError that sometimes occurred when accessing the
(bugfix release, released on June 14th 2013)
- Fixed an issue with integers no longer being accepted in certain
parts of the routing system or URL quoting functions.
- Fixed an issue with url_quote not producing the right escape
codes for single digit codepoints.
- Fixed an issue with SharedDataMiddleware not
reading the path correctly and breaking on etag generation in some
- Properly handle Expect: 100-continue in the development server
to resolve issues with curl.
- Automatically exhaust the input stream on request close. This should
fix issues where not touching request files results in a timeout.
- Fixed exhausting of streams not doing anything if a non-limited
stream was passed into the multipart parser.
- Raised the buffer sizes for the multipart parser.
Released on June 13nd 2013, codename Planierraupe.
- Added support for tell()
on the limited stream.
- ETags now is nonzero if it
contains at least one etag of any kind, including weak ones.
- Added a workaround for a bug in the stdlib for SSL servers.
- Improved SSL interface of the devserver so that it can generate
certificates easily and load them from files.
- Refactored test client to invoke the open method on the class
for redirects. This makes subclassing more powerful.
- werkzeug.wsgi.make_chunk_iter() and
werkzeug.wsgi.make_line_iter() now support processing of
iterators and streams.
- URL generation by the routing system now no longer quotes
- URL fixing now no longer quotes certain reserved characters.
- The werkzeug.security.generate_password_hash() and
check functions now support any of the hashlib algorithms.
- wsgi.get_current_url is now ascii safe for browsers sending
non-ascii data in query strings.
- improved parsing behavior for werkzeug.http.parse_options_header()
- added more operators to local proxies.
- added a hook to override the default converter in the routing
- The description field of HTTP exceptions is now always escaped.
Use markup objects to disable that.
- Added number of proxy argument to the proxy fix to make it more
secure out of the box on common proxy setups. It will by default
no longer trust the x-forwarded-for header as much as it did
- Added support for fragment handling in URI/IRI functions.
- Added custom class support for werkzeug.http.parse_dict_header().
- Renamed LighttpdCGIRootFix to CGIRootFix.
- Always treat + as safe when fixing URLs as people love misusing them.
- Added support to profiling into directories in the contrib profiler.
- The escape function now by default escapes quotes.
- Changed repr of exceptions to be less magical.
- Simplified exception interface to no longer require environmnts
to be passed to recieve the response object.
- Added sentinel argument to IterIO objects.
- Added pbkdf2 support for the security module.
- Added a plain request type that disables all form parsing to only
leave the stream behind.
- Removed support for deprecated fix_headers.
- Removed support for deprecated header_list.
- Removed support for deprecated parameter for iter_encoded.
- Removed support for deprecated non-silent usage of the limited
- Removed support for previous dummy writable parameter on
the cached property.
- Added support for explicitly closing request objects to close
- Conditional request handling or access to the data property on responses no
longer ignores direct passthrough mode.
- Removed werkzeug.templates and werkzeug.contrib.kickstart.
- Changed host lookup logic for forwarded hosts to allow lists of
hosts in which case only the first one is picked up.
- Added wsgi.get_query_string, wsgi.get_path_info and
wsgi.get_script_name and made the wsgi.pop_path_info and
wsgi.peek_path_info functions perform unicode decoding. This
was necessary to avoid having to expose the WSGI encoding dance
on Python 3.
- Added content_encoding and content_md5 to the request object’s
common request descriptor mixin.
- added options and trace to the test client.
- Overhauled the utilization of the input stream to be easier to use
and better to extend. The detection of content payload on the input
side is now more compliant with HTTP by detecting off the content
type header instead of the request method. This also now means that
the stream property on the request class is always available instead
of just when the parsing fails.
- Added support for using werkzeug.wrappers.BaseResponse in a with
- Changed get_app_iter to fetch the response early so that it does not
fail when wrapping a response iterable. This makes filtering easier.
- Introduced get_data and set_data methods for responses.
- Introduced get_data for requests.
- Soft deprecated the data descriptors for request and response objects.
- Added as_bytes operations to some of the headers to simplify working
with things like cookies.
- Made the debugger paste tracebacks into github’s gist service as
(bugfix release, release date to be announced)
- Added a favicon to the debugger which fixes problem with
state changes being triggered through a request to
/favicon.ico in Google Chrome. This should fix some
problems with Flask and other frameworks that use
context local objects on a stack with context preservation
- Fixed an issue with scolling up in the debugger.
- Fixed an issue with debuggers running on a different URL
than the URL root.
- Fixed a problem with proxies not forwarding some rarely
used special methods properly.
- Added a workaround to prevent the XSS protection from Chrome
breaking the debugger.
- Skip redis tests if redis is not running.
- Fixed a typo in the multipart parser that caused content-type
to not be picked up properly.
(bugfix release, released on February 5th 2012)
- Fixed another issue with werkzeug.wsgi.make_line_iter()
where lines longer than the buffer size were not handled
- Restore stdout after debug console finished executing so
that the debugger can be used on GAE better.
- Fixed a bug with the redis cache for int subclasses
(affects bool caching).
- Fixed an XSS problem with redirect targets coming from
- Redis cache backend now supports password authentication.
(bugfix release, released on December 16th 2011)
- Fixed a problem with request handling of the builtin server
not responding to socket errors properly.
- The routing request redirect exception’s code attribute is now
- Fixed a bug with shutdowns on Windows.
- Fixed a few unicode issues with non-ascii characters being
hardcoded in URL rules.
- Fixed two property docstrings being assigned to fdel instead
- Fixed an issue where CRLF line endings could be split into two
by the line iter function, causing problems with multipart file
(bugfix release, released on September 30th 2011)
- Fixed an issue with the memcache not working properly.
- Fixed an issue for Python 2.7.1 and higher that broke
copying of multidicts with copy.copy().
- Changed hashing methodology of immutable ordered multi dicts
for a potential problem with alternative Python implementations.
Released on September 29th 2011, codename Lötkolben
- Removed data structure specific KeyErrors for a general
- Documented werkzeug.wrappers.BaseRequest._load_form_data().
- The routing system now also accepts strings instead of
dictionaries for the query_args parameter since we’re only
passing them through for redirects.
- Werkzeug now automatically sets the content length immediately when
the data attribute is set
for efficiency and simplicity reasons.
- The routing system will now normalize server names to lowercase.
- The routing system will no longer raise ValueErrors in case the
configuration for the server name was incorrect. This should make
deployment much easier because you can ignore that factor now.
- Fixed a bug with parsing HTTP digest headers. It rejected headers
with missing nc and nonce params.
- Proxy fix now also updates wsgi.url_scheme based on X-Forwarded-Proto.
- Added support for key prefixes to the redis cache.
- Added the ability to suppress some auto corrections in the wrappers
that are now controlled via autocorrect_location_header and
automatically_set_content_length on the response objects.
- Werkzeug now uses a new method to check that the length of incoming
data is complete and will raise IO errors by itself if the server
fails to do so.
- make_line_iter() now requires a limit that is
not higher than the length the stream can provide.
- Refactored form parsing into a form parser class that makes it possible
to hook into individual parts of the parsing process for debugging and
- For conditional responses the content length is no longer set when it
is already there and added if missing.
- Immutable datastructures are hashable now.
- Headers datastructure no longer allows newlines in values to avoid
header injection attacks.
- Made it possible through subclassing to select a different remote
addr in the proxy fix.
- Added stream based URL decoding. This reduces memory usage on large
transmitted form data that is URL decoded since Werkzeug will no longer
load all the unparsed data into memory.
- Memcache client now no longer uses the buggy cmemcache module and
supports pylibmc. GAE is not tried automatically and the dedicated
class is no longer necessary.
- Redis cache now properly serializes data.
- Removed support for Python 2.4
(bugfix release, released on September 30th 2011)
- Fixed a CSRF problem with the debugger.
- The debugger is now generating private pastes on lodgeit.
- If URL maps are now bound to environments the query arguments
are properly decoded from it for redirects.
(bugfix release, released on July 26th 2011)
- Fixed a problem with newer versions of IPython.
- Disabled pyinotify based reloader which does not work reliably.
Released on July 24th 2011, codename Schraubschlüssel
- Add support for python-libmemcached to the Werkzeug cache abstraction
- Improved url_decode() and url_encode() performance.
- Fixed an issue where the SharedDataMiddleware could cause an
internal server error on weird paths when loading via pkg_resources.
- Fixed an URL generation bug that caused URLs to be invalid if a
generated component contains a colon.
- werkzeug.import_string() now works with partially set up
- Disabled automatic socket switching for IPv6 on the development
server due to problems it caused.
- Werkzeug no longer overrides the Date header when creating a
conditional HTTP response.
- The routing system provides a method to retrieve the matching
methods for a given path.
- The routing system now accepts a parameter to change the encoding
- The local manager can now accept custom ident functions in the
constructor that are forwarded to the wrapped local objects.
- url_unquote_plus now accepts unicode strings again.
- Fixed an issue with the filesystem session support’s prune
function and concurrent usage.
- Fixed a problem with external URL generation discarding the port.
- Added support for pylibmc to the Werkzeug cache abstraction layer.
- Fixed an issue with the new multipart parser that happened when
a linebreak happened to be on the chunk limit.
- Cookies are now set properly if ports are in use. A runtime error
is raised if one tries to set a cookie for a domain without a dot.
- Fixed an issue with Template.from_file not working for file
- Reloader can now use inotify to track reloads. This requires the
pyinotify library to be installed.
- Werkzeug debugger can now submit to custom lodgeit installations.
- redirect function’s status code assertion now allows 201 to be used
as redirection code. While it’s not a real redirect, it shares
enough with redirects for the function to still be useful.
- Fixed securecookie for pypy.
- Fixed ValueErrors being raised on calls to best_match on
MIMEAccept objects when invalid user data was supplied.
- Deprecated werkzeug.contrib.kickstart and werkzeug.contrib.testtools
- URL routing now can be passed the URL arguments to keep them for
redirects. In the future matching on URL arguments might also be
- Header encoding changed from utf-8 to latin1 to support a port to
Python 3. Bytestrings passed to the object stay untouched which
makes it possible to have utf-8 cookies. This is a part where
the Python 3 version will later change in that it will always
operate on latin1 values.
- Fixed a bug in the form parser that caused the last character to
be dropped off if certain values in multipart data are used.
- Multipart parser now looks at the part-individual content type
header to override the global charset.
- Introduced mimetype and mimetype_params attribute for the file
- Changed FileStorage filename fallback logic to skip special filenames
that Python uses for marking special files like stdin.
- Introduced more HTTP exception classes.
- call_on_close now can be used as a decorator.
- Support for redis as cache backend.
- Added BaseRequest.scheme.
- Support for the RFC 5789 PATCH method.
- New custom routing parser and better ordering.
- Removed support for is_behind_proxy. Use a WSGI middleware
instead that rewrites the REMOTE_ADDR according to your setup.
Also see the werkzeug.contrib.fixers.ProxyFix for
a drop-in replacement.
- Added cookie forging support to the test client.
- Added support for host based matching in the routing system.
- Switched from the default ‘ignore’ to the better ‘replace’
unicode error handling mode.
- The builtin server now adds a function named ‘werkzeug.server.shutdown’
into the WSGI env to initiate a shutdown. This currently only works
in Python 2.6 and later.
- Headers are now assumed to be latin1 for better compatibility with
Python 3 once we have support.
- Added werkzeug.security.safe_join().
- Added accept_json property analogous to accept_html on the
- werkzeug.utils.import_string() now fails with much better
error messages that pinpoint to the problem.
- Added support for parsing of the If-Range header
- Added support for parsing of the Range header
- Added support for parsing of the Content-Range header of responses
and provided an accessor object for it
(bugfix release, released on April 23th 2010)
- renamed the attribute implicit_seqence_conversion attribute of the
request object to implicit_sequence_conversion.
(bugfix release, released on April 13th 2010)
- heavily improved local objects. Should pick up standalone greenlet
builds now and support proxies to free callables as well. There is
also a stacked local now that makes it possible to invoke the same
application from within itself by pushing current request/response
on top of the stack.
- routing build method will also build non-default method rules properly
if no method is provided.
- added proper IPv6 support for the builtin server.
- windows specific filesystem session store fixes.
(should now be more stable under high concurrency)
- fixed a NameError in the session system.
- fixed a bug with empty arguments in the werkzeug.script system.
- fixed a bug where log lines will be duplicated if an application uses
- added secure password hashing and checking functions.
- HEAD is now implicitly added as method in the routing system if
GET is present. Not doing that was considered a bug because often
code assumed that this is the case and in web servers that do not
normalize HEAD to GET this could break HEAD requests.
- the script support can start SSL servers now.
Released on Feb 19th 2010, codename Hammer.
- removed pending deprecations
- sys.path is now printed from the testapp.
- fixed an RFC 2068 incompatibility with cookie value quoting.
- the FileStorage now gives access to the multipart headers.
- cached_property.writeable has been deprecated.
- MapAdapter.match() now accepts a return_rule keyword argument
that returns the matched Rule instead of just the endpoint
- routing.Map.bind_to_environ() raises a more correct error message
now if the map was bound to an invalid WSGI environment.
- added support for SSL to the builtin development server.
- Response objects are no longer modified in place when they are evaluated
as WSGI applications. For backwards compatibility the fix_headers
function is still called in case it was overridden.
You should however change your application to use get_wsgi_headers if
you need header modifications before responses are sent as the backwards
compatibility support will go away in future versions.
- append_slash_redirect() no longer requires the QUERY_STRING to be
in the WSGI environment.
- added DynamicCharsetResponseMixin
- added DynamicCharsetRequestMixin
- added BaseRequest.url_charset
- request and response objects have a default __repr__ now.
- builtin data structures can be pickled now.
- the form data parser will now look at the filename instead the
content type to figure out if it should treat the upload as regular
form data or file upload. This fixes a bug with Google Chrome.
- improved performance of make_line_iter and the multipart parser
for binary uploads.
- fixed is_streamed
- fixed a path quoting bug in EnvironBuilder that caused PATH_INFO and
SCRIPT_NAME to end up in the environ unquoted.
- werkzeug.BaseResponse.freeze() now sets the content length.
- for unknown HTTP methods the request stream is now always limited
instead of being empty. This makes it easier to implement DAV
and other protocols on top of Werkzeug.
- added werkzeug.MIMEAccept.best_match()
- multi-value test-client posts from a standard dictionary are now
supported. Previously you had to use a multi dict.
- rule templates properly work with submounts, subdomains and
other rule factories now.
- deprecated non-silent usage of the werkzeug.LimitedStream.
- added support for IRI handling to many parts of Werkzeug.
- development server properly logs to the werkzeug logger now.
- added werkzeug.extract_path_info()
- fixed a querystring quoting bug in url_fix()
- added fallback_mimetype to werkzeug.SharedDataMiddleware.
- deprecated BaseResponse.iter_encoded()‘s charset parameter.
- added BaseResponse.make_sequence(),
- added better __repr__ of werkzeug.Map
- import_string accepts unicode strings as well now.
- development server doesn’t break on double slashes after the host name.
- better __repr__ and __str__ of
- test client works correctly with multiple cookies now.
- the werkzeug.routing.Map now has a class attribute with
the default converter mapping. This helps subclasses to override
the converters without passing them to the constructor.
- implemented OrderedMultiDict
- improved the session support for more efficient session storing
on the filesystem. Also added support for listing of sessions
currently stored in the filesystem session store.
- werkzeug no longer utilizes the Python time module for parsing
which means that dates in a broader range can be parsed.
- the wrappers have no class attributes that make it possible to
swap out the dict and list types it uses.
- werkzeug debugger should work on the appengine dev server now.
- the URL builder supports dropping of unexpected arguments now.
Previously they were always appended to the URL as query string.
- profiler now writes to the correct stream.
(bugfix release for 0.5, released on July 9th 2009)
- fixed boolean check of FileStorage
- url routing system properly supports unicode URL rules now.
- file upload streams no longer have to provide a truncate()
- implemented BaseRequest._form_parsing_failed().
- fixed #394
- ImmutableDict.copy(), ImmutableMultiDict.copy() and
ImmutableTypeConversionDict.copy() return mutable shallow
- fixed a bug with the make_runserver script action.
- MultiDict.items() and MutiDict.iteritems() now accept an
argument to return a pair for each value of each key.
- the multipart parser works better with hand-crafted multipart
requests now that have extra newlines added. This fixes a bug
with setuptools uploades not handled properly (#390)
- fixed some minor bugs in the atom feed generator.
- fixed a bug with client cookie header parsing being case sensitive.
- fixed a not-working deprecation warning.
- fixed package loading for SharedDataMiddleware.
- fixed a bug in the secure cookie that made server-side expiration
on servers with a local time that was not set to UTC impossible.
- fixed console of the interactive debugger.
Released on April 24th, codename Schlagbohrer.
- requires Python 2.4 now
- fixed a bug in IterIO
- added MIMEAccept and CharsetAccept that work like the
regular Accept but have extra special normalization for mimetypes
and charsets and extra convenience methods.
- switched the serving system from wsgiref to something homebrew.
- the Client now supports cookies.
- added the fixers module with various
fixes for webserver bugs and hosting setup side-effects.
- added werkzeug.contrib.wrappers
- added is_hop_by_hop_header()
- added is_entity_header()
- added remove_hop_by_hop_headers()
- added pop_path_info()
- added peek_path_info()
- added wrap_file() and FileWrapper
- moved LimitedStream from the contrib package into the regular
werkzeug one and changed the default behavior to raise exceptions
rather than stopping without warning. The old class will stick in
the module until 0.6.
- implemented experimental multipart parser that replaces the old CGI hack.
- added dump_options_header() and parse_options_header()
- added quote_header_value() and unquote_header_value()
- url_encode() and url_decode() now accept a separator
argument to switch between & and ; as pair separator. The magic
switch is no longer in place.
- all form data parsing functions as well as the BaseRequest
object have parameters (or attributes) to limit the number of
incoming bytes (either totally or per field).
- added LanguageAccept
- request objects are now enforced to be read only for all collections.
- added many new collection classes, refactored collections in general.
- test support was refactored, semi-undocumented werkzeug.test.File
was replaced by werkzeug.FileStorage.
- EnvironBuilder was added and unifies the previous distinct
create_environ(), Client and
BaseRequest.from_values(). They all work the same now which
is less confusing.
- officially documented imports from the internal modules as undefined
behavior. These modules were never exposed as public interfaces.
- removed FileStorage.__len__ which previously made the object
falsy for browsers not sending the content length which all browsers
- SharedDataMiddleware uses wrap_file now and has a
configurable cache timeout.
- added CommonRequestDescriptorsMixin
- added CommonResponseDescriptorsMixin.mimetype_params
- added werkzeug.contrib.lint
- added passthrough_errors to run_simple.
- added secure_filename
- added make_line_iter()
- MultiDict copies now instead of revealing internal
lists to the caller for getlist and iteration functions that
- added follow_redirect to the open() of Client.
- added support for extra_files in
(Bugfix release, released on January 11th 2009)
- werkzeug.contrib.cache.Memcached accepts now objects that
implement the memcache.Client interface as alternative to a list of
strings with server addresses.
There is also now a GAEMemcachedCache that connects to the Google
- explicitly convert secret keys to bytestrings now because Python
2.6 no longer does that.
- url_encode and all interfaces that call it, support ordering of
options now which however is disabled by default.
- the development server no longer resolves the addresses of clients.
- Fixed a typo in werkzeug.test that broke File.
- Map.bind_to_environ uses the Host header now if available.
- Fixed BaseCache.get_dict (#345)
- werkzeug.test.Client can now run the application buffered in which
case the application is properly closed automatically.
- Fixed Headers.set (#354). Caused header duplication before.
- Fixed Headers.pop (#349). default parameter was not properly
- Fixed UnboundLocalError in create_environ (#351)
- Headers is more compatible with wsgiref now.
- Template.render accepts multidicts now.
- dropped support for Python 2.3
Released on November 23rd 2008, codename Schraubenzieher.
- Client supports an empty data argument now.
- fixed a bug in Response.application that made it impossible to use it
as method decorator.
- the session system should work on appengine now
- the secure cookie works properly in load balanced environments with
different cpu architectures now.
- CacheControl.no_cache and CacheControl.private behavior changed to
reflect the possibilities of the HTTP RFC. Setting these attributes to
None or True now sets the value to “the empty value”.
More details in the documentation.
- fixed werkzeug.contrib.atom.AtomFeed.__call__. (#338)
- BaseResponse.make_conditional now always returns self. Previously
it didn’t for post requests and such.
- fixed a bug in boolean attribute handling of html and xhtml.
- added graceful error handling to the debugger pastebin feature.
- added a more list like interface to Headers (slicing and indexing
- fixed a bug with the __setitem__ method of Headers that didn’t
properly remove all keys on replacing.
- added remove_entity_headers which removes all entity headers from
a list of headers (or a Headers object)
- the responses now automatically call remove_entity_headers if the
status code is 304.
- fixed a bug with Href query parameter handling. Previously the last
item of a call to Href was not handled properly if it was a dict.
- headers now support a pop operation to better work with environ
(bugfix release, released on June 24th 2008)
- fixed a security problem with werkzeug.contrib.SecureCookie.
More details available in the release announcement.
Released on June 14th 2008, codename EUR325CAT6.
- added support for redirecting in url routing.
- added Authorization and AuthorizationMixin
- added WWWAuthenticate and WWWAuthenticateMixin
- added parse_list_header
- added parse_dict_header
- added parse_authorization_header
- added parse_www_authenticate_header
- added _get_current_object method to LocalProxy objects
- added parse_form_data
- MultiDict, CombinedMultiDict, Headers, and EnvironHeaders raise
special key errors now that are subclasses of BadRequest so if you
don’t catch them they give meaningful HTTP responses.
- added support for alternative encoding error handling and the new
HTTPUnicodeError which (if not caught) behaves like a BadRequest.
- added BadRequest.wrap.
- added ETag support to the SharedDataMiddleware and added an option
to disable caching.
- fixed is_xhr on the request objects.
- fixed error handling of the url adapter’s dispatch method. (#318)
- fixed bug with SharedDataMiddleware.
- fixed Accept.values.
- EnvironHeaders contain content-type and content-length now
- url_encode treats lists and tuples in dicts passed to it as multiple
values for the same key so that one doesn’t have to pass a MultiDict
to the function.
- added validate_arguments
- added BaseRequest.application
- improved Python 2.3 support
- run_simple accepts use_debugger and use_evalex parameters now,
like the make_runserver factory function from the script module.
- the environ_property is now read-only by default
- it’s now possible to initialize requests as “shallow” requests which
causes runtime errors if the request object tries to consume the
Released Feb 14th 2008, codename Faustkeil.
- Added AnyConverter to the routing system.
- Added werkzeug.contrib.securecookie
- Exceptions have a get_response() method that return a response object
- fixed the path ordering bug (#293), thanks Thomas Johansson
- BaseReporterStream is now part of the werkzeug contrib module. From
Werkzeug 0.3 onwards you will have to import it from there.
- added DispatcherMiddleware.
- RequestRedirect is now a subclass of HTTPException and uses a
301 status code instead of 302.
- url_encode and url_decode can optionally treat keys as unicode strings
- werkzeug.script has a different caller format for boolean arguments now.
- renamed lazy_property to cached_property.
- added import_string.
- added is_* properties to request objects.
- added empty() method to routing rules.
- added werkzeug.contrib.profiler.
- added extends to Headers.
- added dump_cookie and parse_cookie.
- added as_tuple to the Client.
- added werkzeug.contrib.testtools.
- added werkzeug.unescape
- added BaseResponse.freeze
- added werkzeug.contrib.atom
- the HTTPExceptions accept an argument description now which overrides the
- the MapAdapter has a default for path info now. If you use
bind_to_environ you don’t have to pass the path later.
- the wsgiref subclass werkzeug uses for the dev server does not use direct
sys.stderr logging any more but a logger called “werkzeug”.
- implemented Href.
- implemented find_modules
- refactored request and response objects into base objects, mixins and
full featured subclasses that implement all mixins.
- added simple user agent parser
- werkzeug’s routing raises MethodNotAllowed now if it matches a
rule but for a different method.
- many fixes and small improvements
Released on Dec 9th 2007, codename Wictorinoxger.